We believe your voice matters.
MindRight was founded in June 2016 by two women of color, Ashley Edwards and Alina Liao, who met at Stanford’s joint MBA/MA in Education program. Inspired by personal and familial histories with trauma, Edwards and Liao have been working to reduce the stigma around mental health in communities of color and ensure every child has access to mental health support.
Our team has a combined 30 years of experience working with youth of color. Issues such as Black Feminist Thought, dismantling white supremacy, radical self-love, and bringing people from historically marginalized communities to the decision-making table define how we operate. By leveraging technology, we are creating opportunities for systemic healing for youth of color.
Our work is guided by our 5 Core Values:
- Unconditional Positive Regard: We demonstrate unconditional respect for youth and recognize their right to self-determination for their lives.
- Intersectionality: We recognize the interconnected and overlapping nature of social identities, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and immigration status. We protect the complexities of what it means to be human.
- Unapologetic: We are unapologetic in advocating to dismantle systems of oppression impacting youth of color.
- Transparency: We say what we’re going to do. We say what we mean. We keep our kids and stakeholders in the loop on what we’re doing, how, and why.
- Radical Self-care: We recognize self-care is an obligation to others as well as ourselves.
Co-founder & CEO
Community Advisor - DC
Youth Advisor - DC
Co-founder & COO
Community Advisor - Newark
Georggetta Howie, MSW
Dr. Jaime Mendoza-Williams, EdD, MSW
Director of Student Support
Dr. Vonetta Kalieta, PhD
Dr. Ryan Matlow
Dr. Marlene Wong
USC School of Social Work
CTO, Venture Scanner
VP of Engineering, Wag
Dr. Karim Filali
Machine Learning Scientist, Microsoft
H. Jess Seok
Analytics Consultant, University of Pennsylvania - Wharton
Chairman & CEO, Advantia Health
Stanford Graduate School of Business